Your intimate experience of New Zealand nature – it doesn’t get much closer than this without getting in the water! Phil has over 40 years of experience as a sea kayaking guide, and has lived on the Island for near close to that number.
“Living and kayaking here for many years, I share a strong attraction to the stunning natural beauty of Stewart Island – every day is different and special.” – Phil
Under your own steam and schedule, you’ll discover the golden-sand bays, deep forest-surrounded inlets and sometimes rugged, rocky coastline. Stewart Island / Rakiura is an unforgettable sea kayaking paradise.
A multitude of wildlife gets on with their daily and seasonal life, tides rise and fall, birds nest along the shoreline and birdsong comes from the native foliage above.
- Explore the pristine clear waters with an amazing marine life, bays and sandy beaches.
- Quiet and close – just you and nature. Small groups ensure an individual experience.
- Based close to the village with direct access to Paterson Inlet Marine Reserve and coastlines.
- Fully equipped and very stable Double sea kayaks with foot-operated rudders for easy steering.
- All personal kayaking gear and safety equipment provided.
- 2.5hr, half or full day tours, twilight paddles ( often sunset!), sea kayak expeditions.
- New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association certified and registered guide, living kayaking for 40 years.
- Personal guiding – sea kayak tours tailored for all levels of experience.